The confidence phrases collected in the next few lines give an idea of the value that this psychological element has for our own personal development, as well as in our social life. And it is that both trust in other people and confidence in oneself are fundamental elements to have a satisfactory life sustained by solid and lasting commitments.
70 confidence phrases to better regulate our relationships
To enjoy the necessary peace of mind to not give up anything, it is necessary to believe in ourselves and in the people around us , whether they are friends or family. This is a selection of confidence phrases that will help you strengthen yours.
1. If people like you, they will listen to you, but if they trust you, they will do business with you (Zig Ziglar)
This reflection lets us see that to inspire confidence we not only need to treat people with dignity .
2. It doesn’t bother me that you have lied to me, it bothers me that from now on I can’t believe you (Friedrich Nietzsche)
We have to assume what it takes to break the trust of others.
3. The trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool (Stephen King)
Sometimes it can be a person’s Achilles heel.
4. The best way to know if you can trust someone is by trusting (Ernest Hemingway)
You have to let yourself go, since it is the only way to overcome your fears.
5. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined (Henry David Thoreau)
A tip from David Thoreau.
6. Do not trust people who tell you other people’s secrets (Dan Howell)
… since they lack the trust placed in them.
7. The way to develop self-confidence is to do what you fear and keep a record of your successful experiences (William Jennings Bryan)
Rereading them from time to time can be a comforting and exciting experience.
8. It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it (Warren Buffett)
Some mistakes can cost us ** faith in ourselves **.
9. The inability to open up to hope is what blocks trust, and blocked trust is the reason for ruined dreams (Elizabeth Gilbert)
We must constantly feed our hope.
10. When trust is high, communication is easy, instant and effective (Stephen R. Covey)
One of the phrases about confidence that express the power of this psychological element.
11. Love everyone, trust a few, do no harm to none (William Shakespeare)
Following these maxims we can launch ourselves to socialize without fear .
12. Trust more in the man who is always wrong than in the one who never doubts (Eric Sevareid)
… since this first will always be evaluating each decision to be made.
13. Most good relationships are based on mutual trust and respect (Mona Sutphen)
They are the foundation for any healthy relationship.
14. Having faith is trusting yourself when you are in the water. When you swim you do not catch the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead, you relax and float (Alan W. Watts)
The act of trusting makes your attitude more productive, as it leads us to collaborate.
15. People who are totally and fully trusted will return that trust (Abraham Lincoln)
… since you will also be an example of inspiration to imitate .
16. It is mutual trust, more than mutual interest, that holds human groups together (HL Mencken)
With that base many projects can be started.
17. Changes of fortune prove the reliability of friends (Marcus Tullius Cicero)
An opportunity where trust is put to the test.
18. You gain strength, courage and confidence in each experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face (Eleanor Roosevelt)
After that you are never the same again.
19. Learning to trust is one of the most difficult tasks in life (Isaac Watts)
And you have to try to work on them.
20. Never trust anyone, Daniel, especially the people you admire. Those are the ones that will make you suffer the worst blows (Carlos Ruiz Zafón)
When loyalty has been broken.
21. Trust is created when someone is vulnerable and does not take advantage of it (Bob Vanourek)
… since in this also lies the value of trust, respect.
22. Age seems to be the best ally in four things; old wood is best to burn, old wine is best to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read (Francis Bacon)
For Bacon, in this phrase of confidence, the years bring a lot of wisdom and knowledge.
23. I’d rather trust a woman’s instinct than a man’s reason (Stanley Baldwin)
For Baldwin, in the traditionally feminine intuitive character there is an underlying logic that makes it reliable.
24. Optimism is the faith that leads to success. Nothing can be done without hope and trust (Helen Keller)
And also the energy that takes our steps towards our goals.
25. He who does not trust enough will not be trustworthy (Lao Tzu)
Apparently a pretty strict rule for these types of cases.
26. People who have confidence problems only need to look in the mirror. There they will meet the person who will betray them the most (Shannon L. Alder)
An interesting reflection on our first saboteurs .
27. He who is careless with the truth in small matters, cannot be trusted in important matters (Albert Einstein)
Since his word lacks force.
28. Confidence is like blood pressure. It is silent, vital to health, and if abused it can be fatal (Frank Sonnenberg)
A pretty deep description of trust.
29. Live life as if no one was watching and express yourself as if everyone were listening (Nelson Mandela)
To follow these tips you must fill yourself with a lot of security.
30. Keep your promises and be consistent. Be the type of person others can trust (Roy T. Bennett)
Thus you will achieve the good disposition of the people.
31. You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment unless you do not trust enough (Frank Crane)
One bad experience cannot determine everything.
32. Love cannot live where there is no trust (Edith Hamilton)
Since it always feeds on it.
33. Trust yourself, and you will know how to live (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
Since you will be more attentive to yourself and your needs.
34. When you are confident, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things (Joe Namath)
When confidence is an engine of life.
35. You must trust and believe in people, otherwise life becomes impossible (Anton Chekhov)
Since you will enter a world full of fears and hesitations .
36. Consistency is the true foundation of trust. Either keep your promises or don’t keep them (Roy T. Bennett)
That makes people see us with more confidence.
37. Trust is hard to come by. That is why my circle of friends is small and compact. I’m very special when it comes to making new friends (Eminem)
This confidence phrase reflects how this element manifests itself in your life.
38. Trust is difficult. Know who to trust, even more (Maria V. Snyder)
Many times our fear of failure is greater than the degree to which we believe in ourselves.
39. I don’t trust people who don’t love each other and say ‘I love you’. There is an African saying that says: be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt (Maya Angelou)
Another profound phrase about trust and how it guarantees us as trustworthy and upright beings.
40. Trust your instinct to the end, even if you can’t agree with it (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
All learning can be taken advantage of, so our knowledge should not be underestimated .
41. After all, what does it mean to be in love if you can’t trust a person? (Evelyn Waugh)
It would be like a fantasy or a mirage in the middle of the desert.
42. Your distrust worries me and your silence offends me (Miguel de Unamuno)
Sufficient elements to determine a weakened relationship.
43. Only those you trust can betray you (Terry Goodkind)
Since to consider treason, the person must be or have shown a lot of loyalty towards you.
44. It is not easy to give your loyalty to someone you do not know, especially when that person decides to reveal anything about himself (Megan Whalen Turner)
It’s like trying to break a wall with a spoon.
45. Being trustworthy is a greater compliment than being loved (George MacDonald)
… since it combines sublime characteristics.
46. If we can let it go and trust that things will work out the way they should, without trying to control the outcome, then we can begin to enjoy the moment more fully. The joy of freedom that it brings becomes more pleasant than the experience itself (Goldie Hawn)
When the term of trust goes hand in hand with that of freedom.
47. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined (Henry David Thoreau)
Because we only have one chance.
48. It’s okay to be afraid. Being afraid means that you are about to do something really, really brave (Mandy Hale)
So you have to know our emotions to know how to decant them.
49. Trust is the fruit of a relationship in which you know that you are loved. (William Paul Young)
It is one of the important elements to love.
50. I don’t care so much about what I am to others as about what I am to myself (Michel de Montaigne)
The first person we have to convince is ourselves.
51. Love and doubt have never been on good terms (Khalil Gibran)
They destroy each other.
52. For there to be betrayal, there must first be trust (Suzanne Collins)
It is the most indispensable requirement.
53. Leadership requires five ingredients: intelligence, energy, determination, confidence, and ethics. The key challenge today is the exercise of the last two: trust and ethics (Fred Hilmer)
We must plant these elements in ourselves to guarantee trust in others and adopt a leadership role .
54. We are paying the highest tribute a man can pay. We trust him to do the right thing. It’s that simple (Harper Lee)
A great challenge for everyone.
55. The love of a dog is something pure. He gives you a confidence that is total. You must not betray him (Michel Houellebecq)
Precise example to understand the relationship between trust and loyalty.
56. You are going to break your promise. I get it. And I hold my hands over the ears of my heart, so as not to hate you (Catherynne M. Valente)
This phrase by Valente gives us premises on how to face mistrust.
57. Few delicacies can match the mere presence of someone we completely trust (George MacDonald)
It is an expensive honor to achieve.
58. I never trust people with no appetite. It’s like they are always hiding something from you (Haruki Murakami)
For Murakami, appetite is an important element in gaining confidence.
59. Realize that if a door closes, it is because what was behind it was not for you (Mandy Hale)
Everything happens for something and we must be open to learn from it.
60. The glue that binds all relationships (including relationships between the leader and his flock) is trust, and trust is based on integrity (Brian Tracy)
It is what we do to confirm our principles and values.
61. You would not worry about what others think of you if you realized how little they do (Eleanor Roosevelt)
So we must show greater interest in knowing ourselves.
62. Don’t be afraid to be eccentric in opinion, because every opinion now accepted was once eccentric (Bertrand Russell)
Be a person who tries to innovate.
63. You have to expect things from yourself before you can do them (Michael Jordan)
… since that will empower you to achieve them.
64. Believe in yourself, have faith in your abilities. Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your power, you cannot be successful or happy (Norman Vincent Peale)
Confidence is everything to achieve success and happiness.
65. Man often becomes what he thinks of himself. If I keep telling myself that I can’t do something, I may end up being unable to do it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I will surely acquire the ability to do it, even if I cannot at first (Mahatma Gandhi)
We are what we say we are and how we motivate ourselves to achieve it .
66. A great man is always willing to be small (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
… since he trusts in himself that he does not close himself to any experience.
67. The eyes of others are our prisons; his thoughts our cages (Virginia Woolf)
We must focus more on what really motivates us.
68. Success is most often achieved by those who do not know that failure is inevitable (Coco Chanel)
Focusing your energies on surrounding yourself with people with these characteristics is important.
69. If you hear a voice inside you that says “you cannot paint”, paint by all means and that voice will be silenced (Vincent Van Gogh)
The action makes the merit, and that is why you have to believe in yourself .
70. Your trusting idiocy knows no limits (Cassandra Clare)
We must be more attentive to the things that we live.