My Husband Ruined My Self-Esteem, What Do I Do?
My Husband Ruined My Self-Esteem, What Do I Do? ….. When you start a serious relationship with someone, that person is supposed to become your greatest source of support. Your Husband becomes your best friend, your confidante, that individual you can count on in both good times and bad. If you have joy or good news, you go to him, but if you have a problem, you also go to him.
However, the most common thing is that, with the passage of time and once the first stage of falling in love has passed, we remove the blindfold and the true personality of each one comes out. At that time two things can happen: The first is that everything remains exactly the same and your partner is really that attentive and faithful life partner with whom you want to be and the second is that that complicity that existed between you disappears completely and you find yourself faced with a toxic relationship lacking empathy and sensitivity.
This could also be of interest to you: Natural Stone Bangles: Confidence Patience Inspiration Friendship
If you feel identified with this second situation, the best thing is to run away as soon as possible because a relationship like this will inevitably lead you to lose your self-esteem.
Do you have low self-esteem because of your Husband? These are the steps you must follow to end the hell in which you find yourself immersed.
My Husband Ruined My Self-Esteem: Red Flags
Woody Allen said the following: “I do not know the key to success, but failure is trying to please everyone.” And that is exactly what is happening to you. You have forgotten yourself and you only live by and for your partner. You only care what he thinks, what he feels, what he says, what he may offend and what he may like.
Normally there is always talk of the loss of self-esteem after a breakup, but the reality is that it begins much earlier, it is the product of a toxic relationship and there are certain warning signs that can help you recognize it. Take a good look at the sentences you are going to read below. Has your Husband ever told you?
This could also be of interest to you: Be Brave Keep Going Necklace
- +I don’t want you to go out with your friends.
- +Those clothes look awful on you, I’ve told you a thousand times that I don’t like you showing your legs, you’re provoking!
- +Where were you?
- +Who were you talking to?
- +Who was that you were talking to?
- +I don’t want us to go see your family.
- +You are nobody without me.
- +Nobody is going to love you like I never do.
If these phrases sound familiar to you, it means that you are immersed in a toxic and very dangerous relationship that is slowly reducing your self-esteem. You put up with bad faces, jealousy, anger, and you try to please your Husband just out of fear of his reaction. This is not good for you and you must realize as soon as possible that attitudes like this can only be typical of a person who does not know how to love you and who, of course, does not suit you.
10 attitudes that are making you lose your self-esteem as a couple
When you forget about yourself and your well-being, you give your power to the other person, becoming a puppet that allows them to do whatever they want with it. The self-esteem issues associated with an unhealthy relationship don’t happen overnight. It is a situation that is being created little by little and that is getting worse over time. These are 10 of the attitudes as a couple that can cause you that loss of self-esteem. Do you feel identified?
- Allow your Husband to make all the decisions regarding your relationship without caring at all about your opinion.
- Accept without opposing all the orders that your partner gives you.
- Focus all your interest on one and only thing: your partner.
- Do anything for him regardless of whether it benefits or hurts you.
- Stop hanging out with your friends or doing the things you used to like because he doesn’t want you to do them.
- Being 24 hours a day with your Husband because he is “the most important thing” to you.
- Putting yourself down and continually thinking that you are worthless than your partner.
- Dress up just for him and dress how he wants.
- Not working, financially dependent on your partner and always having to ask for money.
- Work and allow your partner to use your money without even asking you, as if it were your obligation to work for him.
What can I do to prevent My Husband from Ruined My Self-Esteem?
There is only one thing you can do if your Husband is lowering your self-esteem: Leave him. Having a partner is one of the most rewarding experiences in life and if yours is not bringing you that joy, it is best to end the relationship.
Disdainful behavior and a lack of real displays of affection and sincere concern on the part of your partner should be a major red flag in your life. Nothing more and nothing less than your happiness is what is at stake.
After all, life is the result of the decisions we make. You cannot force someone to be loving, to be faithful to you or to love you, but you can choose to be with that person or not. It is true that it is not in your power to make a person change their way of being, but it is in your power to decide that you do not deserve to be made to feel bad or inferior.
It will depend on you and only on you whether you choose this with someone who treats you well or with a person who makes you suffer. Put a brake on it!
You can read more articles similar to I have low self-esteem because of my partner, what do I do? , in the category of Self – esteem in Diario Femenino.